~ PB and banana chocolate delights ~
Makes 24 cupcakes
1 cup (2 stick) butter, at room temperature
2 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 cups cake flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon salt
2 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1 cup yogourt (Non-Greek style)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chopped walnuts and peanut butter for decor
Chocolate Ganache Topping - recipe follows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pans and set aside. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat to incorporate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined. Add bananas, yogourt, and vanilla; mix to combine. Scoop evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- To decorate, spread a thin layer of peanut butter over the center of the cupcakes, pipe the chocolate ganache topping over the PB, and decorate it with a chopped Walnut.
~ Chocolate Ganache Topping ~
5 oz good quality dark chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
- Chop dark chocolate into small chunks and set aside in a glass bowl.
- In a small saucier, heat heavy cream just until it comes to a boil, and pour onto the chopped chocolate. Stir the mixture gently and incorporate the chocolate into the cream until it comes together into a velvety consistency (do not over mix). Allow it to set to soft butter consistency inside the fridge (check every 15mins).
- Using an electric mixer, beat the semi-set chocolate ganache until it is the consistency of whipped butter. It is now ready to fill a piping bag and used to decorate your cupcakes!