a.k.a., a gender-friendly Baby Shower that just won the Best Title Award!
As the time runs short, I allowed my favourite flavour and aroma to guide through a mysterious venture, giving me the inspiration to dress up an ordinary treat in a savoury couture.
~ Earl Grey Rice Krispie Treat ~
3 tbs Unsalted butter
10 oz package Miniture marshmallow
6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispie
Earl Grey Ganache
- 4 Earl Grey tea bags
- 10 oz Chocolate couverture (60-71% cacao), chopped finely and place in a bowl
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
Melted white chocolate for final touches, French silver dragees optional
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in the cereal until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into buttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Allow the mixture to cool.
4. Pour Earl Grey Ganache (recipe below) and spread evenly over the treat. Allow it to solidify prior cutting into desired sizes and shapes.
5. Drizzle the pieces with white chocolate.
Earl Grey Ganache:
1. In a small sauce pan, bring the heavy cream to a slow simmer.
2. Add the Earl Grey tea bags and allow them to seep in the cream for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the tea bags and bring the heavy cream back to a boil.
4. Pour the boiled cream over the chopped chocolate, allow the chocolate to melt undisturbed for 1 minute.
5. Stir the cream and chocolate mixture gently until chocolate has completely incorporated into the cream.
For further information on Earl Grey tea, please check out my other post:
"Earl Grey....from an obsession to a devotion...."